Esophageal Cancer

Esophageal cancer-endoscopic– Squamous cell carcinomas, which account for 60% of esophageal cancer, arise from the surface epithelium, most commonly in the middle and lower esophagus. Adenocarcinomas, which constitute the remaining 35%, arise from the gastric fundus and develop in the lower third of the esophageal tract.
Continue reading

Liver Cancer (Primary)

Primary liver cancer– Hepatocellular carcinomas are the most prevalent of the primary liver tumors, although cholangiocarcinomas, angiosarcomas, and hepatoblastomas also are seen.
Continue reading

Lung Cancer

Lung cancer in top half of The lung– The major histologic types of lung cancer are non–small cell cancers (squamous cell cancer, adenocarcinoma, and large cell undifferentiated cancer), which account for 90% of lung cancers, and small cell lung cancers, which make up the remaining 10%.
Continue reading

Ovarian Cancer

– Seventy-five percent of ovarian carcinomas are epithelial in origin; these include serous cystadenocarcinoma and mucinous, endometrioid, and clear cell tumors. Germ cell tumors make up fewer than 5% of all cancerous ovarian tumors, but in women under 20 years of age, they account for 65% of diagnosed ovarian cancers.
Continue reading

Pancreatic Cancer

Pancreatic cancer– Tumors arise from the exocrine glands (95%) and the endocrine glands (5%) in the pancreas. Ductal adenocarcinomas constitute 80% of all pancreatic tumors. Other histologic types include squamous cell and giant cell carcinomas, sarcomas, plasmacytomas, and lymphomas.
Continue reading